Title : 2022 Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT) in Graduate Programs at KNU
Kangwon National University (KNU) invites outstanding ASEAN faculty members who wish to major in the fields of International Trade or Agricultural & Resource Economics for a Doctor’s degree in KNU.
KNU HEAT application
1. Fields of Study
- Agricultural & Resource Economics （Ph.D. in Economics）
- International Trade （Ph.D. in International Trade）
- Scholarship Period: 3 years of a doctoral program
- Round-trip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class flight ticket
- Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month
- Settlement Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
- Full Tuition
- Dissertation Printing Costs: Actual Expense
- Health Insurance
* All grants will be paid in KRW, and amounts may vary depending on the exchange rate.
3. Application Timeline
- Document submission deadline : March 11, 2022 (Fri.)
- Document screening : March 21(Mon.) ~ March 25 (Fri.)
- Notification of eligibility for interview : March 30 (Wed.)
- Interview : April 1 (Fri.) ~ April 8 (Fri.)
- Finalized candidates and notification to KCUE : April 29 (Fri.)
4. Required Documents : Please refer to the attachment
- 1) Submit scanned documents first via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2) Submit original documents by post to the address below.
- Office of International Affairs, Kangwon National University, 1 Gangwondaehak-gil, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do, 24341, Republic of Korea
|No.||The list of required documents||Notes|
|1||An application for HEAT||Form 4|
|2||A study plan||Form 5|
|3||A recommendation letter: from the Dean of a current affiliation|
|5||An English proficiency certificate (if applicable)|
|6||A copy of published papers (if applicable)|
|7||Degrees: 1) undergraduate and 2) master’s degree|
|8||Transcripts: 1) undergraduate and 2) master’s degree|
|9||Certificate of employment (include confirmation of your position from President of the current affiliation)|
|10||Permission for study leave (a letter from the President of the current affiliation)||Form 1|
|11||An applicant Agreement||Form 2|
|12||A copy of applicant’s passport|
|13||A copy of ID cards of parents respectively|
|14||An original and translated copy of the Family Relation Certificate issued by the government organization|
|15||Personal Medical Assessment||Form 3|
- The applicant should be a citizen of an ASEAN country and be a full-time faculty member of a university in his/her home country.
- The applicant should hold a master's degree or its equivalent.
- The applicant should be able to obtain a study leave from his/her university for three years and should return to his/her university upon obtaining a Ph.D. degree at KNU.
（Please find the additional qualifications presented in the application guidelines.）